Thread: Powered By

Powered By

I heard about a seo technique whereby if I have a main web site that gets 1,000 hits a day, and I build another web site somehow powered by the main web site, any traffic the second web site gets (1,000 hits) counts towards the main web site, in effect, giving it an additional 1,000 hits to make a total of 2,000 hits. Is this true, and how would I set that up?
    ars

If your second website is on the same domain name as the first, that would work. The search engines count pages on the same domain name. If you have another domain name that used the contents of the first website, that would be considered duplicate contents.
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

Rick
    I don't think you've got a good handle on that theory. The search engines really don't pay any attention to hits. First of all, they have very sketchy data on the traffic levels of any particular site. They do some traffic monitoring in terms of clicks in their search results, but even that's pretty limited.

You'll be best off not putting any significant thought or effort into any such schemes you find on the web. Just work on making your site better by adding fresh, original content and by building links from other quality websites whose main topic is related to yours. Do that on a regular basis and you'll do fine in the search engines.
    Rick Trethewey

Thumbs up

You'll be best off not putting any significant thought or effort into any such schemes you find on the web. Just work on making your site better by adding fresh, original content and by building links from other quality websites whose main topic is related to yours.
    We can't say that enough!
    Yvette Kuhns
    Power Pages Web Design
    Customized Internet Advertising Solutions

One other MAJOR key to SEO, don't pay for anyone that is selling you on some scheme to increase your rankings.