Thread: Cascading Menu

Cascading Menu

I have a project that is giving me trouble. I run Macs here, and Internet Explorer is being stubborn with some code I've developed. I understand that IE is troublesome with CSS and standards, but this client is adamant that the code be written without javascript, and rely only on HTML/CSS.

I have posted a menu, and if you view this in anything other than IE (Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.) it works fine. In IE it does not work. Are you knowledgeable with CSS and run a Windows environment where you can test this in IE?

Again, I ask that it only be HTML/CSS, work across all browsers and platforms, and visually appear the same as it does here.

http://www.progravix.com/proof/project/

adding a proper doctype gets the submenu's to appear; I was too lazy to download the images to see if the arrow works.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

I know this because I too wanted an html/css only dropdown menu; a proper doctype declaration apparently forces IE into standards compliant mode, from what I recall reading

What version of IE is this not working in? I checked 7, 8, and beta 9 and I see the menus fine. Side by side it's identical to what I see in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari (on a windows machine). Also check on Ubuntu box and looks good there in Firefox and Safari (under wine), and Chrome.
    Autoload
    WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot, Over?

the full doctype declaration is there now.