Thread: Changing to weebly

Registered

Changing to weebly

What is the recommended process to change a site from Sitedelux to Weebly? It seems that once before I was going to check out weebly, but doing so would have automatically replaced my site, so I chickened out. Is there a best way to do the switch?
    Thanks!

Weebly will not overwrite your core Sitedulux files if you designate a new directory below htdocs (host root folder) for it. Sometimes these programs share default directories like cgi-bin so always make full backups before you make any major changes.

Sitedelux CM4All Weebly... with all due respect to their many users and hosts that provide them I struggle to speak kindly of host-based "free" WYSIWYG editors. They are not easily transportable with little online help for a reason. Designed for low end users who spend hours building only to find expansion comes at cost. Again fine for many blind to the fact they are only paying to build a bigger uglier SEO unfriendly brower Google blocking website.

I will take the wrap on the knuckles from this host like any for saying so but I call it as I see it. Forget Weebly, Powweb offers many programs in Install Central that can setup a freely expansible theme-able new website. Simply copy/paste your content over and away you go.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    I appreciate the input. I've been happy to this point with SiteDelux, but am now facing issues doing some of the things I want to do, so I can see what you're saying. But I pretty much know nothing about building a site without such software, so have been a little *sceered* to attempt it. But I think I'll look at the tutorials & forge ahead.

Any particularly good educational tools you could recommend?

Thanks for the honesty, I don't want to be in this same boat a year from now with weebly!

You don't mention your domain name anywhere for us to see what you have and what you want to achieve so it's hard to give much more specific info than Install Central. There are also free WYSIWYG building programs like Komposer that you might want to look at. Similar to Sitedulux only it resides on your computer not online in your Powweb control panel.
    Croc Hunter MSC :