Thread: Windows Fax Program Needed

Unhappy Windows Fax Program Needed

I really need a Freeware Windows Fax program. Not a free SERVICE, but an actual program. I've been searching the web for a good hour or more. Just want to send and receive faxes via my computer and V.92 modem. Anybody know of a good one. Or a OK one? Or something that may work??

No money avialable, and looks like my job may be ending soon, so just need to be able to do simple faxing, which is NOT included in Vista Home Premium, as it is with most other versions of Windows.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Mark R. Magill
    Word for Life World Ministries
    Free Christian MP3 music, sermons, DVDs & more.

I don't know of any free fax solutions for your situation other than (if) you have a old XP installation disk you could install VMWare and run a virtual machine.

My home PC is Win7 ultimate so I use the XP virtual machine for free for other legacy software (like my scanner) that does not work in Win7, but at work I use Oracle VM VirtualBox for lots of testing. Of course if you want to stay legal you do need a legit copy of XP to do either.
    Autoload
    WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot, Over?

I just did a quick search...did you see this page: http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/fax.shtml