Thread: Oscommerce Images Disappear at SSL

Oscommerce Images Disappear at SSL

Hello Everyone:

I have been using Oscommerce for awhile now but was recently attacked via my .htaccess file (some code was injected into it). After the deleting the code and enabling my site again I noticed that the images will disappear showing image place holders when a customers wants to login to check out. Basically the shared ssl part of will not show images causing these customers to flee.

I dont know if this is ploy by powweb for us to get our own ssl certificate, if so they should communicate with us.

Has any one experienced images not showing at login pages? I am frustrated and really considering moving to <REMOVED> because this is the 3rd bad experience with this people. I have been with them since 2002 and I think our relationshionship is nearing an end.

Powweb is becoming stale everyday with their technical staff, in Calcutta India, not being helpful. Any helpwill be appreciated

Can you please check whether images folder has any .htaccess files in it? . To secure os Commerce some quick notes.
    1. Rename filemanger.php file
    2. Put additional security to admin folder by password protecting it with .htaccess this will prevent unauthorized access to any vulnerable scripts with in admin.

Re

Quote Originally Posted by shrupa View Post
    Can you please check whether images folder has any .htaccess files in it? . To secure os Commerce some quick notes.
    1. Rename filemanger.php file
    2. Put additional security to admin folder by password protecting it with .htaccess this will prevent unauthorized access to any vulnerable scripts with in admin.

Thank you Shrupa for the kind response. What happened is that my website is on a subdirectory, not the root. The .htaccess file in the root was basically superimposing itself on the behavior of the files in the subdirectory. So what I did was move the contents of of the .htacess in subdirectory to the .htaccess in ROOT directory and the images in the subdirectory began to work again with SSL or NON-SSL trigger. Thank you once again.

Song.