Thread: How to register multiple domains?

Registered
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...

how to register multiple domain?

Hi all,

I am a newbie here, and a definite beginner to the world of website creation. I am thinking of purchasing PowWeb for my hosting needs, however I have a question.

I bought a domain name through a different company... and when I did that, I bought the .com, .org, and .biz for that same domain. Is it possible to host them all through the same account on PowWeb... i.e., if visitors type in domainname.org or domainname.biz it will still send them to the main page - domainname.com?

Not sure if that makes any sense... and I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere. I did a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance for your help!

yes it will work as you describe for the most part and it is quite easy; once you sign up for hosting here, just add all domains to your account with the .com as the primary and the default settings make it such that all of your variations will display the .com pages.

The only caveat is that the pages may continue to display as .biz or .org, but the content will be from the .com. if that is not desirable some htaccess could be used to achieve what you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by tpoynton View Post
    yes it will work as you describe for the most part and it is quite easy; once you sign up for hosting here, just add all domains to your account with the .com as the primary and the default settings make it such that all of your variations will display the .com pages.

The only caveat is that the pages may continue to display as .biz or .org, but the content will be from the .com. if that is not desirable some htaccess could be used to achieve what you describe.
    Thank you so much!! I appreciate the quick reply!
    Last edited by snowmaker; 3-3-11 at 08:44 AM.