Thread: Visitor Statistics

Visitor Statistics

I'm not sure if this is a problem - I guess a question right now.

I occasionally like to go look at my stats for my website - so i go into OPS, Visitor Statistics - and view there.

But it had not been updated since Feb 24, 2011. I was able to hit Update now and it looks like it updated it with all the stats for each day (none missing) - I have AWStats, and set to update daily.

Sometimes I can go months in between checking things - so I want to make sure I never lose data - is this anything I should worry about.... will it start to update itself daily again. Or do I just have to hit "Update Now" whenever I visit. (And if that is the case - how long before I lose data since like I said - sometimes months will pass without me doing anything on my websites.)

Thanks.

(since I can not reply to person who moved the post to Stats....)

OK - The post is about stats - but is in OPS - but is a general question. Three places I had to decide the best place to post it - figured more people would see & be able to help with it in general questions area since many don't check out the stats tab very often since that area of the forum is usually more technical about people's own installations of stats & raw data and such..... as mine is just about what PowWeb provides in OPS.

I did move the first post, and I have PM's turned off. No problem though, sometimes it's hard to decide which category posts should be in.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    I did move the first post, and I have PM's turned off. No problem though, sometimes it's hard to decide which category posts should be in.
    ... not really hard to decide which category fits it the best, just that posts down this far rarely get read and help get answers for it.

O'well. In the process of getting the rest of my sites of PowWeb anyway so I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run.