Thread: Internal Server Error 500 w/ WordPress 3.1

Registered

Cool Internal Server Error 500 w/ WordPress 3.1

I installed WordPress 3.1 via Simple Scripts in the Contral Panel. Worked great. I installed the WordPress Mobile Pack v1.2.4. Worked great.

A little time goes by and I get the following message:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I cannot access the blog, nor the admin page. According to suggestions on other support sites, I tried renaming the themes & plugin folders, renaiming the .htaccess file in the root of htdocs as well as the WordPress directory.

I have submitted a support ticket to PowWeb, but I do not have high expectations.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best we leave this one for support as it sounds like a permissions issue and two people "fixing" at once can crash it big time. Rename your themes plugins etc back to what they were and wait for support. If they can't fix it let us know.
    Croc Hunter MSC :