Thread: WordPress MultiSite Apache mod_rewrite module?

Registered

Question WordPress MultiSite Apache mod_rewrite module?

Hi guys! I was right in the middle of installing WordPress's multi-site feature and came across of:

Now here is my question. I called up PowWeb and they said its either already installed or I need to search around for a solution to this problem. Anyways I was not sure how this type of thing works on PowWeb. I have looked all over YouTube for a walk through tutorial and have not found anything for PowWeb so I figured I would ask here and see if anyone here uses a word press multi-site with PowWeb along with this Apache mod_rewrite module installed or did you have to edit your htaccess?

Thank You guys.

mod_rewrite is installed and enabled by default on Powweb accounts. You will find this setting and other cool things to know reading through the php.ini file available in your OPS control panel under PHP Scripting.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered

Question

Thank God! I got the Network setup and WordPress up and running. So hopefully I can get this thing going now. Thank God. That was easier than I thought! It would have took me another 3 years to get b2e going but for wordpress only took a week. :P now to see how this multi blogs work.

Croc said you had to pay extra for more blogs but I don't know we will see.

Croc is right (as usual), if you use central install then you need to pay extra for multiple installations of, for example, WordPress.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

It should also be noted that if you use central install you will often not be on the most recent release. Most of the expert users around here strongly recommend that you do your own install. Not only will you be able to keep up on the most recent releases, you will often have more control over the product going forward.

Registered

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    Croc is right (as usual), if you use central install then you need to pay extra for multiple installations of, for example, WordPress.
    So if I do not use central install.. I get to use the multisite feature free? Or does it still cost extra?

Quote Originally Posted by entrecon View Post
    It should also be noted that if you use central install you will often not be on the most recent release. Most of the expert users around here strongly recommend that you do your own install. Not only will you be able to keep up on the most recent releases, you will often have more control over the product going forward.
    Ah ok. I will check that out. Thank You.

Registered

Exclamation

Well.. I did a manual install again. This time it was easy because I have already seen the YouTube WordPress multi-site tutorial a dozen times so I mean it was like a piece of cake. Now lets hope that everything else is a piece of cake. I think I am going to do my own WordPress tutorial for the latest version of WordPress and make it super short step by step version later.

(Q): Ok what happened to the rocket booster plugin? It doesn't show up during manual install?

Quote Originally Posted by EagleVoice View Post
    So if I do not use central install.. I get to use the multisite feature free? Or does it still cost extra?
    You get to have more than one WP installation & Site for free - I don't know if that is the 'Multisite' feature you're referring to.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleVoice View Post
    Well.. I did a manual install again. This time it was easy because I have already seen the YouTube WordPress multi-site tutorial a dozen times so I mean it was like a piece of cake. Now lets hope that everything else is a piece of cake. I think I am going to do my own WordPress tutorial for the latest version of WordPress and make it super short step by step version later.

(Q): Ok what happened to the rocket booster plugin? It doesn't show up during manual install?
    Woops! I meant the Jetpack plugin. It didn't load up during manual install. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

EDIT: Never-mind reinstalled it. If the Jetpack plugin is not that useful or has hidden costs, let me know. Thank You guys for the support.