Thread: My first try at a website

Registered

My first try at a website

Hi, I'm looking for someone to review my website, unfortunately none of my friends/acquaintances are particularly familiar with website design. Searching the internet I came across this forum which seems to be one of the most helpful and active. I've done it for a volunteer group that I am part of. I'd really appreciate critiques and advice. Thank you!

http://www.sencevalleyvolunteers.co.uk

-bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Apologies, this site is not hosted by powweb. Thanks for pointing that out. I have no say on where the site is hosted as I have done this FOC for a volunteer group.

I think the FC and the Sence logo images are to large (the display size is to big, the file size (which adds load time), is fine), the images in the Photo Gallery are also to large, not display size though, the file size of those images makes them load slower.

And I would get rid of the visible email addresses on the Contact page. You could use a service such as this, Zapyon.de's Spam-me-not — Simple anti-spam email link obfuscation for your webpages, to obfuscate them. Search some on Google for other email obfuscation techniques.

As far as the visual appeal of the site, I think it looks fine, but I'm not to much of a graphics designer. I will comment that I think green is a good choice of color though.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Thank you very much! I'll have a play with the size of the logo images and maybe do thumbnail photos to click on for larger ones or make the file size smaller instead. I'll look into what you said about the contact page too, thanks!