Thread: Making heads and tails

Registered

Red face Making heads and tails

I tried reading the help section about stats and I did search the stats / log forums but I could not find what I was looking for. I guess I am not putting the right words or something.
    I can't make head or tails of it help section anyway. I feel so stupid sometimes knowing there has to be a simple answer but not being able to find it or realizing I am not as smart as I thought I was. I am the first to admit, when it comes to web hosting, I still have a lot to learn. I wonder if there is a tutorial about using the stats information.

Here is what I would like to do if it is possible.

I revamp my website using WordPress based on an article I read. Best move I ever made. I log into my website using the WordPress admin folder. I make the adjustments to the static pages and blog entries then see what they look like again.

I have begun to realize the stats are including everything I do from the dashboard page. I would like to exclude from the stats everything I do from the dashboard page. When I go to it from another page (e.g Meta) and when I go to another page from the dashboard page (e.g. previewing, etc.)

Is it possible to exclude one page from the visitors stats like that or I am going to have to always deal with highly inflated user stats?

Thank you for your time.

Rick
    No, you can't exclude specific directories or users from your stats. As your blog grows in popularity over time, your usage should no longer have a significant impact on your site's overall statistics. In the meantime, focus on things like the number of unique visitors and the referrers, which will give you a sense of how many people are visiting your site and how they found you. It sounds like you should put some time in on promoting your blog on other sites/blogs, so that you'll increase the number of visitors. A Google search on "blog promotion" will show you some tips in that regard. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey