Thread: Fatal error: using Jhoomla

on hiatus

Fatal error: using Jhoomla

Hi People ,

I got this error while updating the website in jhoomla

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate

35 bytes) in

/hermes/bosweb25a/b506/nf.icreottawa/public_html/icre.ca/includes/joomla.php on

line 1930

Any Help

Rick
    I don't use Joomla, so I'm of no direct help, and you should try one of the Joomla support forums. But when I see this error in other scripts, its usually a sign of a major software error. Since Joomla itself is an unlikely source of such a problem, I'd suspect that there's a plug-in or add-on that's incompatible with the update that you were performing. If you can get into the control panel and disable any such add-ons, that would be the place to start. If that allows the site to run, then you can try restoring the plug-ins one-by-one until you locate which one is the issue. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Andypierce View Post
    Hi People ,

I got this error while updating the website in jhoomla

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 18874368 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate

35 bytes) in

/hermes/bosweb25a/b506/nf.icreottawa/public_html/icre.ca/includes/joomla.php on

line 1930

Any Help

I had a similar problem. The issue was that Joomla 1.7 is a 7-8meg file, in your php.ini file with powweb, your max php upload is set to 2 meg. You can go to the CGI Scripting icon on the control panel, go to PHP, scroll down to the bottom and change the max upload size.

I've read elsewhere that the maximum PowWeb allows is 80meg. I'm not sure how accurate that is.