Thread: Blue Borders on hotspots...

Registered

Blue Borders on hotspots...

Hello- this is my first post. I had a quick look to see if this had been posted before, but couldn't see the exact thing discussed here yet. I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver, having some experience coding in HTML from 15 years ago, then taking getting back into all of this a few months back, so sorry if question is a bit basic.

I've got blue borders around my hotspots on image maps- but only after they've been clicked on. The image map shows border as "0" in properties- but perhaps I've missed some sort of separate properties for hotspots?

I've also tried putting code in the style section of the page to set borders to "0" but this doesn't seem to have effected anything.

Suggestions? I must be missing something very basic here....

A link to the page/site in question here may help. You may want to look at the a:visited tag in your CSS file or style section.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Hi Snowmaker,

I've put up the site in a temp fashion for you to see. It's at:

http://www.magneticchamber.com/testsite/

Please ignore the fact that the links go to my old site- once you press the back button you will see the hotspot is highlighted in blue.

I don't fully understand the CSS thing yet and am playing very fast catchup with all the HTML coding, so what exactly would I put in the style tag to stop this?

Thanks for your help and understanding!

I see no blue borders around the links, after clicking one and then going back. I've loaded your site in IE and Firefox, were you using another browser to see this?
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

I've also tried, and no borders. It may be a local setting in your browser that is doing this. I suggest trying a few different browsers yourself. You could try clearing your browser cache and history to see if that helps.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

I don't see any blue borders in IE 8 and 9, FIrefox, or Chrome.

What I do see is your "Magnetic Chamber" apDiv1 div covering your home and players buttons in your image map when using IE (any version) and Firefox
    Autoload
    WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot, Over?

Registered
    Ah yes- I gotta fix this blue border thing first, then sort out why the image map isn't behaving anywhere but Safari. I'm learning all this stuff from trial and error when I'm not out working, so obvious stuff problems take me a little while to find solutions for- bt it's the best way for me to learn!

Also, the blue borders seems to be almost exclusive to Safari too, except that I see a light dotted blue border when actually clicking any link in Firefox on OSX. I have been using Safari as my preview browser and because the problem exists there figured it would be a problem everywhere. Thanks all so much for checking it for me. I guess it's a Safari/OSX issue.

I am using Safari, and I do not see the blue borders...maybe try clearing your cache or doing a hard refresh, which I do not know how to do on a mac

Don't have a Mac, but maybe this will be what you need. Take note that it also clears saved passwords!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Hi all- thanks for the responses! Sounds like I need to sort out Safari. I regularly clear the cache for when I'm previewing and this doesn't seem to fix the problem- maybe I need an update or a fix or something. Anyway, thanks again for helping out. I'll post back here if I find out what's going on with it!