Thread: Joomla 1.7

Registered

Joomla 1.7

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone else has speed issues with Joomla loading, I'm not sure if it is Powweb, but I have a local installation of Joomla and the same template running on a server at work and that is much quicker to load than the one hosted on Powweb.

Is this a known problem?

When you click a link you get the "waiting for ..." for sometime before anything happens.

Thanks all.

Registered
    Yes, it was same with my Joomla admin online and when I started to look the reason why it is slow I noticed strange url - it was opening via strange address. this is what made it slow...Site was hacked and malware hidden in it.
    I was checking my site URL removed - not a powweb site
    Worth to check as it seem to be this lot around this autumn....
    Last edited by snowmaker; 11-13-11 at 08:26 AM. Reason: URL removed - not a powweb site

Registered
    Thanks for the reply, site hasn't been hacked, it just takes an age to start to load a page.

I have a development version of the site sitting in a subdomain which I have password protected via htaccess, this one has the same issue, but when I first access it I immediately get askes to authenticate, then it sits saying "waiting for ...".

Any other thoughts out there, or is it just Powweb?

Thanks

If you post a link to the site I can try and access it from the UK - Powweb does sometimes suffer from high traffic and occassionally has problems, but so do many hosts based in the US when accessing them from the UK.

If your site isn't high traffic then it could be a Powweb issue, although generally when Powweb suffers there are a number who come here to check that they're not the only ones.

Logs may help in determining what is going on and what is being attempted when the message appears and times out.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!