Thread: Entheos template use

Registered

Entheos template use

Greetings All,

Last summer I purchased a beautiful template from entheos http://templates.entheosweb.com/temp...mber/12984.asp thinking I could just upload it to my PowWeb account. Turns out things aren't as simple as that.

Can anyone point me to a tutorial that will help me get this beauty up and running? I think I did manage to upload the correct files going through FTP, but not sure what to do with them.

I know, it's a very beginner level question. But I've had good luck with well-written tutorials in the past and hope I can conquer again.

Thanks for any leads you can provide~

From the website link you provided:
    SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:Adobe Dreamweaver 8+ (or Microsoft Expression Web); Adobe Photoshop CS+; Flash МХ2004 or higher;
    and
    Flash templates have to be customized in Flash.
    So, have you the software reqirements?
    Have you customised them in flash?
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Yes, I saw that too as I dug deeper and decided to hold off on such expensive purchases.

I do have a flash file that I would like to use as a background on my homepage, but I'm not having any luck with that. I uploaded the flash file and it plays in this tiny little box. (I use SiteDelux.)

Is there any way to turn the flash file into the background so my website has some zing? I'm really not happy with any of the templates on SiteDelux- they look like the earliest stages of web design.

And thank you for checking out my last question- I appreciate it very much!

So, have you the software reqirements?
    Have you customised them in flash?[/QUOTE]

Using sitedelux is probably part of your problem! Powweb provide it for free - but free doesn't always mean best for the job or best available..... in fact it rarely means those things!

I can't help on the using flash in Sitedeluxe, I'm sorry.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

PowWeb Staff
    Yes, using a Flash file as a background really wouldn't be possible in Site Delux. To be honest, Site Delux is an onlder product, which has largely been replaced by Weebly. We still keep it, so customers can continue to edit their existing sites, but Weebly has a lot more flexibility with regard to coding, etc. Though not sure even that would be able to support the fairly custom coding necessary to use a .SWF file as a background. This link discusses some of what's needed:
    http://www.swishtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3320

However, not sure it's something I'd want to do anyway, since having a moving background [presumably the point of using an SWF file over an image] would seem... distracting!