Thread: Critique my Page please

Registered

Critique my Page please

I have put together a squidoo page to help me drive traffic to a website that is currently under construction. I figured as stage on I would popularize the squidoo page and then use it to popularize my website. So I am wondering how effective that would be, and secondly can you visit my squidoo page and see if it is interesting enough to keep people areound for a few minutes, does it have to many ads, and is there anything that could be done to improve it.

http://www.squidoo.com/beginner-guitar-tuning

The website that is under construction is going to be a full service guitar lesson website.

I am a scientist, musician and daddy.
    I hope you enjoy my lenses.
    Do you mean 'lessons'

I'm glad you weren't turned away by my PM last night. Good luck with your project.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

We love our lensmasters. That's what we call the people who build, write, create, make and bake the pages (we call them lenses) here on the Squidoo publishing platform. This category is kind of like a neighborhood for them to post their special bios, tips about making great lenses, share tributes to each other, and ...
    I think that it isn't a mistook!

Yes, too many adverts! I especially dislike adverts that pop on the screen as a mini window and require me to close them to see all of the page.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    I'm glad you weren't turned away by my PM last night. Good luck with your project.
    I was at first; I did think you were a little rude, but I'm over it. I figure you may have a slight power complex- maybe like a mall cop who wishes he could be a real cop. Just kidding .

Yes, too many adverts! I especially dislike adverts that pop on the screen as a mini window and require me to close them to see all of the page.
    Yeah those are the ones I'm worried about. I'm going to try and get those off of there, I feel like they distract from the content.

Do you think I have enough content in there?

My main question is why you would bother with Squidoo. Focus on your site and build good content. Regardless of where your content is, you have to drive traffic to it. Why would you want to drive traffic to Squidoo instead of just focusing on your site and getting the people to just come directly to you?

if you did want to put some content somewhere other than your site then post some Youtube videos or find some music/guitar forums where people have like interests and would be interested in visiting your site.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by entrecon View Post
    My main question is why you would bother with Squidoo. Focus on your site and build good content. Regardless of where your content is, you have to drive traffic to it. Why would you want to drive traffic to Squidoo instead of just focusing on your site and getting the people to just come directly to you?

if you did want to put some content somewhere other than your site then post some Youtube videos or find some music/guitar forums where people have like interests and would be interested in visiting your site.
    Thanks for the comment and the PM you provided. I need to continue to educate myself on SEO. It is taking me a while to get my real website together, namely because I am really trying to put together some very original material, and I really want it to be quality. I may just be misinformed, but I had thought that there would be some SEO benefit to writing a few articles on a few different websites and than linking them to my site. I agree with you that my site should be quality and speak for itself, however I have my doubts that search engines use good enough algorithms to determine what is a good website. Being original isn't the only thing that makes it good. It needs to be truthful and beneficial to the reader. I just know that I come across a lot of crap on the first page of Google.