Thread: uploading Podcast... now what?

Registered

uploading Podcast... now what?

I am so confused.

I have created the m4a file (I could also do an mp3, but that's not the issue) to a podcast folder I created.

How do I access it? to what address do I send iTunes or anyone else to listen to it?

Please help.

The whole MIME thing has got me completely confused.

Thanks in advance.

Dwaine

Powweb isn't a streaming server type environment. You might be better off using a platform geared for streaming. 3rd party hosts like YouTube are designed to handle social m4a and handle the load should it go viral.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Quote Originally Posted by singitloud View Post
    I am so confused.

I have created the m4a file (I could also do an mp3, but that's not the issue) to a podcast folder I created.

How do I access it? to what address do I send iTunes or anyone else to listen to it?

Please help.

The whole MIME thing has got me completely confused.

Thanks in advance.

Dwaine
    What Croc Hunter said is true. So you might want to host the MP3 elsewhere. However the XML could be on powweb.

You need to create an XML file that you submit to iTunes. This file will point to the media file similar to how an HTML page points to images. You can find info about making the XML file and submitting it to iTunes here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html