Thread: Photo Uploader - Won't email pics or link

Registered

Photo Uploader - Won't email pics or link

I created a form on my website: http://www.perfect10connections.com/WomenJoin.htm which allows you to upload 3 photos at a time. The problem is that I can't figure out how to make FrontPaage 2003 email me either (1) the actual photos uploaded, or (2) a link to the photo. While the data results are eamiled to me, the photos are uploaded to my website and then I have to go into FP and download the photos, which is a pain due to all the submissions I am getting.

Any help or suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tristan Capp
    email address removed
    Last edited by snowmaker; 4-25-12 at 12:20 AM. Reason: email address removed

You should note that any suggestions you receive here may not work for you since your site isn't hosted here. Now, there's no problem with 'an outsider' looking for assistance here, but fixes that work on Powweb's servers, may not work the same on competitor name removed's servers.
    Last edited by snowmaker; 4-25-12 at 12:34 AM. Reason: competitor name removed
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

First problem - You are using FrontPage 2003 which is a retired software.
    Second problem - A picture getting e-mailed, I believe, requires some kind of MIME configuration
    Third Problem - How are you determining the path to where the image is located to get a link? depending on how your form submission logic is set-up, the upload may no be complete yet when the mail is sent.
    Fourth Problem - You are running what I would assume is a higher end business and you are trying to maintain the website yourself using cheap software. If you want to run a high-end business,then you need to spend the money and hire a professional to do your website.

I couldn't agree more with entrecon, especially on the fourth problem. Once good set of hits from an advertising campaign and your website would die here. I've not checked on who you're with - it is important that they can cope with the level of business adverts and features attract in wide circulation magazines. You have offices spread around the US, employ someone somewhere to produce a professional website without the use of FrontPage2003 - The name of the software alone tells you it is nearly 10yrs old and web-sites have moved on considerably in that time!

Spend some of the money on professional web design and web designeers!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!