Thread: DNS error

Registered

DNS error

Hello- I am new to the site building thing and am having problems. I hope someone can help. I had purchased a .com from whois.com and redirected the name servers to ns1.powweb.com and ns2.powweb.com respectively. That was a week or so ago... everytime I type in the web address IE gives me a DNS error. And Safari gives me a server cannot be found error. I have waded through the knowledge base as well as this forum looking for direction and have yet to get this resolved. I must be missing a step. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by customsguy; 5-4-12 at 11:03 AM.

Have you set-up the domain in domain central here on PowWeb? The registrar will point it at PowWeb, but you have to make sure that PowWebis expecting the domain traffic.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by entrecon View Post
    Have you set-up the domain in domain central here on PowWeb? The registrar will point it at PowWeb, but you have to make sure that PowWebis expecting the domain traffic.
    Yes I have and it is showing up in my control panel. I don't think this is a PowWeb issue. When I lookup the domain with intoDNS it is still listed with the nswhois name servers. I changed the nameservers over a week ago... saved a buck registering a domin with a different registrar, lesson learned.