Even after ten years, I continue to share my story of 9/11 when given an opportunity. I’m creating this website myself for people who might be looking for a 9/11 eyewitness to tell his/her story (particularly among high school and college students).
I am looking for honest, constructive comments, suggestions or corrections. My hope is that the site conveys the sincerity and integrity of my commitment to keeping the history of that day alive so please feel free to offer any of your thoughts or opinions.
The site is not hosted by PowWeb. The reason I chose to post on here is that I'm looking for the opinions of people who don't know me and who have more knowledge than I do on web design. The site hasn't gone "live" yet. It is on a temporary URL which is http://gator7-avanwhy-primary.hgsitebuilder.com/.
The specific areas I'm interested in getting response about are:
- Your initial impression when the Home page first comes up.
- Does the information on the Home page interest you enough to want to know more and explore the site further?
- Is navigating through the website easy and understandable?
- Do you find any links that are not working?
- Is each "category" (i.e. Speaker, Author and Playwright) explained fully?
- Which of the above mentioned categories would you, yourself, be interested in?
- Your opinion on the overall design.
- Do you like the color scheme used and the font and font sizes?
- Do you find the website tasteful; given the subject matter?
- And, lastly, any grammar or punctuation errors?