Thread: Feeling Pretty Stupid Right Now Can Sure Use Some Advice

Registered

Question Feeling Pretty Stupid Right Now Can Sure Use Some Advice

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP? I AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHICH SOFTWARE IS BEST FOR MAKING A WEBSITE. I KEPT GOING BACK AND FORTH ON THE DRAG AND DROP OR USE JOOMLA. STILL CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE IS EASIER? IF I USE JOOMLA I AM TOTALLY LOST AS TO EVEN WHERE TO START AND THE DRAG AND DROP YOU HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR MORE THAN SIX PAGES?? I HAVE THE BASIC UNDERSTANDING HOW TO CREATE A WEBSITE I HAVE USED FRONT PAGE IN THE PAST. BUT EVERY ONE SAYS NOT TO USE THIS SOFTWARE NOW. IT APPEARS LIKE THE DRAG AND DROP MIGHT BE EASIER FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND. IF I USE THE DRAG AND DROP IS IT EXTRA FEE EVERY MONTH OR PER PAGE? I THINK I AM JUST TOTALLY CONFUSED. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. THANKS FRAN.

TYPING IN UPPER CASE IS SHOUTING. People who shout tend to be ignored or banned on here fairly quickly!

You need to explain the purpose of your site. Which program to use will depend on the purpose, your skill level and the target audience. I've not read the SHOUT, so don't know if you've explained that. Try again more politely, please!
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

explain how many pages there are and how often it will be updated.

Registered

Question sorry about using upper case

Quote Originally Posted by IanS View Post
    TYPING IN UPPER CASE IS SHOUTING. People who shout tend to be ignored or banned on here fairly quickly!

You need to explain the purpose of your site. Which program to use will depend on the purpose, your skill level and the target audience. I've not read the SHOUT, so don't know if you've explained that. Try again more politely, please!
    sorry about using the upper case never meant to seem like i was shouting forgot about that again so sorry. i thought i posted this awhile ago but i see it did not show up so i will try again. i have only used frontpage do not know anything about using any other kind of web software. i thought drag and drop would be easy for me to use but when i tried i uploaded a pic of my own which i wanted it to show on the whole page but it looked like it was just showing on only half of the page. and when i tried typing information again it looked like i was running out of space. so i thought ok this is not going to work. so i installed joomla and once that was installed well i was totally lost as to even where to start with that program. i am not sure how many pages i will need but i know it is going to be more than six pages and i need a forum board as well as i will be selling products also and had thought of using paypal. please i sure need help if someone would be kind and help me. i again did not mean to shout so i am sorry. i have pictures that i would like to use as a background on some of the pages and then be able to type information on top of the pictures. okay thanks frfan

Try WordPress you will get plugins to do most of the things through plugins and is easier to lern