Thread: Fresh eyes appreciated. Please critique

Registered

Fresh eyes appreciated. Please critique

Changed up my design to make it simple and tight. It's a bit jurrasic, but so am I lol. I thank you for your critique. www.mikalz.com Oh yeah, why is it when I refresh a page it takes me to my homepage? thx
    Last edited by shadeofpale; 8-1-12 at 11:23 PM. Reason: not enough info

The reason it take you to your homepage is because it looks like you have used frames. If you look in the address bar, it never changes from your root domain. This is a problem with frames. Another impact this has, which is what frustrates me as a user, is that I cannot bookmark a link I follow because every bookmark I try to same, only saves the root domain.

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    As an FYI, Server Side Includes (SSI) are a Cretaceous (i.e. slightly less ancient ) alternative to frames. The HTML5 spec deprecates frames, except for iframes so you may want to future-proof your site by switching over. It isn't really all that hard, and once you've got your current pages converted, adding new ones isn't any more time consuming than pages designed for frames.

A decent SSI tutorial: http://www.ssi-developer.net

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Registered
    My website is really www.brainshadows.com. When I got my domain back mikalz.com, I used network solutions to 'web forward that domain name. I have a feelings this may be the cause of the refresh and save page problem. Thx for your input.