Thread: Surveys?

Registered

Surveys?

I found that Powweb offers surveys and I went about setting one up. There is now a "Survey" folder on the site and in that are files named default.html and default.js. In addition, when I completed the survey setup on Powweb I was given s Javascript script.

The default.js file only has "document.write('');" in it and the default.html file has nothing in it.

I had a chat with the 24/7 support guy over this and I was told to put the Javascript script I'd been given into a file and it'd work.

I made up a page with the Javascript in it and, no surprise, I didn't get a survey.

Has anyone else got experience with this feature? It might be useful for me on the Web site I'm running.

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    No experience with this but a couple of suggestions:

1) assuming you installed this from OPS try uninstalling then reinstalling. Don't leave anything blank thinking you can just fill it in later. There have been comments here about OPS thinking you still had something installed on your site when you deleted it rather than "uninstalling" it -- hence my suggestion there.

2) if all else fails dump it and try something else. hotscripts.com has a gazillion scripts and there's probably something there that would fit your needs.

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Registered
    If you're looking for a stable and easy survey system give a look at Survey Monkey and you don't have to deal with JS or any coding..