Thread: Joomla 2.5.8 Install Hangs

Joomla 2.5.8 Install Hangs

So, this seems to be a common issue but I can't figure out how to resolve it. Some say that it's because JSON may not be installed another person references mootools and I've even heard some say that they created a new VPS account? I don't know if powweb has any of these things by default and if not how do I check? Finally, these may not even be the issue so it may be something else causing the problem.

Either way, I downloaded the zip from joomla's website, unpacked the files with winzip and then uploaded them to a folder called 'cms' into the htdocs directory. I now go to http://mydomain.com/cms/installation and it gives me a language selection, I pick 'English' and hit the 'next' button and it just hangs with a spinning animation in the middle of the screen. Has anyone ever experienced this before? How can I dig into this and resolve it? Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

1. make sure that u have set php version to latest and set session path.
    2. installl Joomla using SimpleScripts tool in control panel.

http://www.powweb.com/knowledgebase/...To#Nugget_1374

NB: If powweb provides support for installation process through SimpleScripts (Only for installation ). So if you find all these confusing contact them..

set php version to the latest means 5.3? and I don't know how to set the session path...

Looks like using the simplescripts worked, thanks!!!

You are welcome. If it works fine leave session path aside. Though the link given in previous post explains it. (If every thing works fine do not touch any thing)