Thread: Querying the current "questions" value

Registered

Querying the current "questions" value

Since I often have to launch scripts that executes many manteinance queries on the db, sometimes it happens that I hit the max_questions value and the site goes offline (not good) until the questions counter reset.

Dued to my ignorance, I wonder if there is any way to read the current questions value at run time via PHP, so that maybe I could exit the script if I reach let say the 80% of the max_questions limit, and I could be able to resume the script after 1 hour.

Thank you

That would be cool if you could get the value, but I do not recall coming across a way to do that. Alternatively, you could schedule the maintenance scripts to run at off-peak times. If your site never has off-peak times, might be time to upgrade your hosting and/or try to find ways to reduce the # of queries.

Registered
    Thanks for replying.

I'm pretty much okay with the current mysql limits, these maintenance scripts are more like exceptional tasks scripts, such as importing or exporting or deleting above average amount of data based on some criteria. Retriving the current questions would be an small aid for now until I'm able to upgrade the hosting.