Thread: Help with Mysql

Question Help with Mysql

Baby steps installing Zenphoto. I have a couple of questions about Mysql:

1. In Mysql 5.0.91 panel, I have added and named a database and set up user, privileges and password. What is "generate code" for and do I need to do anything with that now or is it something I'll do when I install Zenphoto? Or just leave it?

2. This is probably nothing but In Phpmyadmin 2.8 in my database under Operations, there is a Collation setting which oddly says latin1_swedish_ci. Is this something that needs to be changed or just left alone?

It feels like I've been spinning my wheels trying to understand PHP and Mysql the last couple of weeks. Sooner or later I'm sure some things will start to click.

Seems PHP needed updating to 5.3 and Powweb Support kindly helped with that as I had never used any of those settings in OPS.

Thanks for any help. I'm probably over-thinking all of this and I'll need a stiff drink when it's all done (and I don't drink)
    Last edited by barbara; 4-9-13 at 04:40 PM.

Question Mysql "Generate Code"?

I can't find an answer to this. What is the "generate code" setting in Mysql? What is is used for?

I'm trying to make sure my Powweb account and OPS is set up right before I try my first manual install of Zenphoto.

"generate code" is used to create a connection string to the database, this is generally only used for those who manually write their own applications. It's highly unlikely that you will need this when setting up ZenPhoto.

You can view our tutorial on MySQL databases at http://www.powweb.com/knowledgebase/...al#Nugget_1643
    Michael C.
    PowWeb