Thread: Wordpress Error: Click "Save and Publish," Returns "Your Session Has Expired." - PHP?

Registered

Unhappy Wordpress Error: Click "Save and Publish," Returns "Your Session Has Expired." - PHP?

Hi!

I'm a bit out of my element here.

I've installed WordPress for one of my domains (I own multiple on the same hosting account). Every time I click "Customize" under "Appearances" and then click "Save and Publish," it brings up the login screen and tells me my session has expired.

I've performed a clean install, have cleared cache and cookies, disabled and uninstalled all plugins (I only had what came with it, anyway). I still get the error.

When I get the login expiry error, I can still hit the "Cancel" button and go back to the previous admin screen. Any changes I make before I click "Save and Publish" do in fact save, despite the expiry message.

After scouring both the Wordpress.org and PowWeb forums, I suspect this has something to do with the fact that I have one PHP.ini file for the whole hosting account and (perhaps?) should have a PHP.ini file for each domain that directs the session saves to a folder within that domain.

I don't really know much about it, though.

I contacted PowWeb support via chat a couple of days ago. After much back and forth, the rep told me "I have set the proper session.save_path for the account and resolved the issue. You will no longer experience this issue."

After closing the chat, clearing the cache and cookies and logging back in, I discovered that the issue was not, in fact, resolved.

My session save path right now is /home/users/web/bNUM/pow.USERNAME/cgi-bin/tmp

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance!

try putting default php.ini and make sure session path is proper it should be like home/..../pow.username/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp .

Registered
    Thanks for the response, shrupa. So, to create a default php.ini file, I ... copy the information displayed at http://members.powweb.com/member/cgi...nt/PHPplus.bml into a text file, save it as php.ini, then upload to the appropriate folder?

Registered
    Ok, I created another PHP.ini file with a copy/paste of the default code. I put it in the main folder for my domain.

Still ... the same error. I cleared the cache and cookies, of course -- as I do every time I test a potential solution.

I have another WordPress installation for a second domain on the same hosting account, and it returns the same "your login has expired" error when I try to customize the appearance through the WP admin screen.

I'm really lost as to what to try next. I don't want to poke around too much, seeing as I don't strictly know what I'm doing. Any other ideas?

I don't know if a php.ini in your directory overrides the one provide by PowWeb or not. I would suggest that you just use and modify the PHP.ini file that is located in OPS->CGI and Scripted Language Support -> PHP scripting.

Look at all of the file and cookie locations and make sure the paths are correct and that the locations they are supposed to write to have the proper permissions.