Thread: A Little Help with My Web Site

A Little Help with My Web Site

I made a web page to use as a front for another web site. So it's only one page but I'll be adding one or two more pages with not to much content. I really want to focus on the home page and get some ideas on how to get it ranked. I have not set up a google analyzer yet, I'll do that once I get my email working. If you leave a comment on any idea you may have, I will appreciated very much and will reply so long as needed.

http://www.westdenvertrucks.com

Also.. if you have any concerns on the lay out of front page, let me know too. k

Jim

ps. just so you know it is made with frontpage 2003 - yeah I know, but it's all I have.

Registered
    Yes your website design is quite fine. If you wanna get ranked. So you need put maximum content relevant to your website keyword. on home page.

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    Clean page, nice. A couple of notes on meta tags:
    1 -- The "keywords" meta tag is pretty much dead and useless. Google doesn't use it at all. It doesn't hurt, apparently, to have it there, but it doesn't help either. Do a search on "useless meta tags" for more info.
    2 -- Typo in your "description" meta tag:
    Code:
    <meta name="description" content="Best used truck and car dealership in Denver Colorado, Wheat Ridge, Lakewood and Arvada area. We sale Ford Trucks, Chevy Trucks and Dodge Trucks.">
    "We sale" should be "We sell".
    The "description" tag is used by Google at times, so it's good to have it say exactly what you want to convey to potential customers.

Hopefully rainbore will take a look and give you more and better advice --

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Rick
    For small businesses with a local or regional focus, one of the best things you can do is to sign up for Google Places for Business at http://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/ and Bing Places for Business at https://www.bingplaces.com/. They're free and the listing will have a chance to be included in the localized search results that are often displayed for searches like "used trucks Denver" whether or not the site would rank in the normal search results.
    Rick Trethewey

Yes, all good information. google business and bing will be my next step, like I said, my email is down and I waiting to fix it so I can open a account with them. I was hoping for maybe a secret keyword or a phrase or sentence I could add to home page or someone on here had a backdoor to google ranking machine and could give my site a boost. I'll take anything, I'm easy.