Thread: how to have people set up accounts on website

Registered

how to have people set up accounts on website

I purchased a site from powweb. How do I allow people to regsiter as a user on mysite and then upload images to send to my email?

Thank you

RM

It's kinda tough to answer a question like that right off the bat. Let's start here: What do you have that people want, and how do you want to handle that with a website?
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    i have not launched website yet. I want a contact form on my site where users can upload picture and have it sent to my email directly. i dont know programming at all

i need name, email address, checkbox and upload options on the form

i googled but all companies want some monthly fees- i need only one form and thats it

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    I have a contact form and I also have a picture upload form. However, they are separate and run from different scripts. Never thought about combining the two concepts. For kicks I searched hotscripts.com (see link below). There are a few scripts in the search returns that offer almost what you want. Most upload the file to the server (your website) rather than e-mailing it to you. You'd get a link to the picture in the e-mail and could save it from there. Most also cost some money, but it's a one-time fee rather than a monthly fee. Maybe this is a start...

http://www.hotscripts.com/search/all...rm+with+upload

Good luck,
    Kevin

EDIT: After thinking about it, Bruce/Snowmaker asked a pretty valid question that I'm gonna restate: What is your vision for your website? Blog? Forum? Information? E-commerce? There are many scripts out there for each of those that will take care of the dirty work for you with no "programming" necessary. Some are free (WordPress, Joomla, PHPBB, etc.) some are not (vBulletin -- which runs this forum). You mention pictures but you don't say what you're going to do with them. A photography gallery? There's free scripts for that also. Anyway, answers to those questions may get you more and better help.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Try out Formtools - www.formtools.org
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'