Thread: Import Mambo to Wordpress

Question Import Mambo to Wordpress

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Joomla/Mambo migrator plugin to import my posts from a mambo website to a wordpress website.

I get an error
    Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /[server path]/[username]/htdocs/New/wp-content/plugins/joomla-to-wordpress-migrator/joomla2wp-mig.php on line 1926

Cant get MySQL Connection.0 -

According to the FAQ When you get this error it means the webhost isn't using localhost:

I am getting the following error: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/usr/local/mysql-5.0/data/mysql.sock'

Please check which MySQL server name your webhoster provides - it may be different then "localhost".

Would this servername be [username].powwebmysql.com ?

Because that doesn't want to work either...
    Last edited by Melissa; 11-17-13 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Removed server path and username.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyj View Post
    Would this servername be funkyj.powwebmysql.com ?

Because that doesn't want to work either...
    That name is the correct format. Log in to OPS | MySQL, here - http://ops.powweb.com/controlpanel/MySQL/index.bml, to see if that's the correct hostname.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

PowWeb Staff
    Hi funkyj,

Please let me know if you are still having issues with this and I will reach out via more secure means to verify security so I can investigate.
    Melissa
    Technical Support