Thread: Appalachian Moon Woodworks

Appalachian Moon Woodworks

This is a site I put together for an acquaintance of mine. I just made a guesstimate as far as font faces/colors/layout as there has been alot of phone tag between me and the client, so I don't even know if he likes the look of it so far.. Two things I have gotten from him so far is that he wants a horizontal menu, and he does want the 'Appalachian Moon Woodworks' text in the logo image to curve around the moon, instead of being straight as it is now.

I haven't gotten to the 'behind the scenes fine tuning' yet, such as validations and what not, but overall development of the site is kinda at a stand still until I'm able to get more input from the client.

http://somdcomputerguy.com/amw/index.php
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    First impressions:
    I need this guy at my house

But seriously, at full screen (1366x768 on my screen) the layout is beautiful, anything less and there's weird things going on with images overlapping and odd line breaks in the body text.

I like your font on the major heading in the body. Not so sure about the Courier looking font for the "Home, About, Contact, Portfolio" links at the top. Sorry, no alternatives from me.

Take all this with a grain of salt. As you already know I'm seriously design-challenged!

Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Thanks for taking a look. He does do nice work, doesn't he.

I see that issue with the layout vs. lower resolution. I'm probably going to focus on that a bit. The font face for the menu text is 'monospace'. Originally, I was using a different font for the menu. I might change it again at some point, but the ball is pretty much in his court now for the fonts, colors, and general layout..

my only thought is I'd like to see the scroll bar disappear from the gallery, when you are looking at individual images it looks like the iframe could be taller to make the scroll bar disappear.

I'm pretty sure i couldnt afford to have him come to my house

Yes, making the iframe's height greater does resolve that issue. I don't remember why I opted to reduce the height value, so at some point I'll probably set it higher again, perhaps that'll jog my memory..