Thread: MYSQL error - 111

MYSQL error - 111

Help.

Can anyone assist please.

Basically, I am slowly converting my website from MYSQL to MYSQLI. my 'login' script has been working for months & is using the old MYSQL code, but today i am getting an error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111
    QUERY1 : Is anyone else having problems with the old MYSQL code today ?

QUERY2 : My old mysql login is in a FUNCTION. Is there a way to advise / report / debug WHICh part of my script has called the function ? (the error messages only advise the function..)

I do not need the old function anymore in my upgraded scripts & would like to not use that code. If i knew where / which part of my script called that function, i can adjust it to the new MYSQLI code

I'm contacting powweb support - I've debugged & found the problem, i've upgraded it to my "working" code - & still can't connect.

i think its a mysql server problem.

Talked with support staff & they are aware of the problem & trying to figure out how to fix it.

Seems to be fixed now

QUERY: Is there a way to - If a MYSQL error exists (in any PHP script or function), to activate or redirect to a particular page.

Ie, the new page

a) will record the error message
    b) display a "nice" error message.

Or will i have to do this for each / every place that MAY / can cause an error ?