Thread: importing data to mysql

Registered

importing data to mysql

I've been given the run around with Powweb on importing my data to my database.

I haven't imported new data in about 5 years so Im trying to bring in my data as a. Txt
    Format. Its how I did it back then and now it won't bring in the data. It gives me no errors.

They are saying it needs to be ".csv" the only problem with that is I have utf-8 data and lose that when saving that format. I got data with utf-8 before as a ".txt" file or else it wouldn't be working this whole time.

So they converted it to ".csv" for me and said the formatings not right as they get syntax errors. Its really simple "Greek utf-8";"English";"numerals";"numerals";"numerals"

The separation is semi colon

Any ideas why this has been so difficult?

Registered
    Figured it out- my original data was ".txt" with utf-8 so i imported that into excel then opened the excel file in Open Office (free) then saved as ".csv" with utf-8 options since excel ignores that data. Then it added an extra semicolon to the end so i downloaded a free csv editor and deleted the extra column it created and resaved. One last importing issue was my original txt file had some spaces next to the semicolon so i did find and replace repeated the process and it imported fine.

Anyone with utf-8 data will get this issue so that's how to fix it