Thread: Access Blocked to website/1st post...

Registered

Access Blocked to website/1st post...

Profile(FYI)-62 yrs. old. limited to basic internet use. Need advice/help. When I try to access an online forum, POWWEB page comes up and even going to Firefox doesn't allow me to access the site(This is limited to the 'Jeepster Commando Club of America'). A relative using my Mac was the beginning of this. Could this be site related or can this systems Admin. help me? I am not a member of Powweb but am seeking your help.
    I hope I am going about this in a proper way...Feel free to comment/redirect
    Thanks

Hello, welcome to the Powweb Forums. Customer or not, you will get advice/help here. I assume the forum you're having this issue with is - http://jeepstercommandoclub.com/forum/index.php? What is the URL of the page that loads up instead of the page you're trying to get to? If I was correct about the Jeepster forums' URL, I just went there and it loaded fine for me. I am using Windows 7 and the Pale Moon browser. Am I also correct that you've tried this with two different browsers and the issue occurred both times? If so, I would lean towards a local problem, on your computer. I would then recommend that you run whatever AV/Malware scan you can on a Mac. I am not even close to familiar with those machines so I can't specify any particular program that'll do that. Also, and even though I am not a Powweb employee, I am slightly shocked that a Powweb page comes up. As far as I know, and I'll go so far as to say I am 100% sure, Powweb does not, has not, and will not use any kind of malware to get traffic to their site.

This forum does not have a whole bunch of activity, but I'm sure that you will get more replies in this thread.

edit: also note that new users have a 5 (10 if a link is included) post count where the posts are put in a 'moderation queue'. That is why your post did not appear right away.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    The JCCA forum is back. Moderator said it was a 'web hosting problem', no name was mentioned. Fix was(Settings>Safari>clear cookies and data)for iMac. I have no business on this forum but really appreciate the help!
    If I ever go to the Solomons to dive...well, nice to meet you!
    I'll check back for a while, so PM me if you'd like.
    Clint

Well I'm glad it's resolved. It turns out that website is hosted by iPage, owned by the same company that owns Powweb. Feel free to drop by anytime with a question.

edit: and I don't live on Solomons Island anymore, and you might have that confused with the Solomon Islands, which is somewhere else..

another edit: this is where I used to live - http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=...&lon=-76.45861, and this is where I think you're thinking - http://www.infoplease.com/country/solomon-islands.html
    Last edited by snowmaker; 4-29-14 at 06:58 PM.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'