Thread: Email question for additional domain

Registered

Email question for additional domain

This might be a dumb question, but here goes....

I've had a regular hosting account for years, everything going swell. I have a handfull of email accounts set up on this domain - all forwarding accounts to various private regular email addresses. All working fine.

I added a new domain into that account (name is registered via a different company, which also used to host it). Nameservers working properly, I updated the website and all looks good.

New Domain points to subdirectory of my existing account (htdocs/NewDomain/).

Here's the problem, I tried to create a new forwarding address (andy@NewDomain.com) but it will not forward. It will not as of yet (a few hours) bounce back, either.

Is there any way to make this work, or is this a dead end that would require a separate account? If I have to bother with that for just a couple forwarding addresses on a site that doesn't break out of the triple digits in visits per year, I'll figure something else out.

Registered
    Update - I guess it was a dumb question, here's why:

Apparently if you want to test out a forwarding email, send the test from an address other that the address that it is destined for. Must be an anti-spam measure or something. Everything was fine.

Glad it's sorted. Thank you for reporting back.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!