Thread: This is a post..

This is a post..

Initially I was going to make another joke post, but I haven't heard any good ones lately, and the real reason behind making a post at all was just to get rid of the It appears that you have not posted to our forums in several weeks message at the top. I believe the addition of that message adds another <table> to the page, and it screws up one of my scripts that instead of looking for a particular table, it looks for the nth table to do what it's supposed to do. At least, I hope that is what the issue is, because I hate debugging any code that's made up of more than 1 or 2 lines.

So, to give this post some sort of reason, I'm going to paste the URL of a page I've been toying with (mostly correcting typo's and rephrasing things so they make some sort of sense) the past few weeks. This idea behind this page is due to an upcoming 'anniversary'. 23 days from now (August 22, which is when I tend to 'publish' it) will be 10 years since some (most, nearly all) of my friends put together and threw a benefit for me. I don't want to get into too much detail, but I was mugged or something, and in a coma for 3 days or so.

Anyway, the page is here - http://somdcomputerguy.com/?p=music

Since I'm not requesting critique for it, I am posting it here, instead of the Web Site Critique/Review forum.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    No critique. Just memories.

Wow -- 8-track tapes. Took me back to my silver (for a while anyway) 1976 Chevy Vega. Or as I called it, "the Vegamatic" as it had an automatic transmission . It came with AM only so I saved a few bucks and installed an AM/FM 8-track stereo. A few more bucks saved and I bought and installed Jensen TriAxial speakers. I was one stylin' and profilin' college student!

Remember the volume going down on a song, then a click as the tape changed tracks, and then the volume coming back up? Did we really put up with that??

Thanks for the trip in the Wayback Machine!

EDIT: BTW, you have some REALLY good friends. I hope and pray that mine would do the same for me given similar circumstances.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Builder View Post
    ..you have some REALLY good friends..
    Some of the greatest people in the world! We lost power a few years ago here in WV where I live now, and we (me, Barb, her two grandkids) went to SOMD to stay at my dad's for a week or so. It was great to see the few folks I was able to. I could've stayed there 3 or 4 months more and I still wouldn't have been able to see everyone I wanted.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'