Thread: Migrating to Joomla

Registered

Migrating to Joomla

Hi,
    I built my site in notepad a couple of decades ago and it shows. I'd like to import it all into joomla and rebuild it. Where should I post that sort of question?

Well I guess this is sort of an answer, or one anyways.. I have moved your post into this more appropriate forum. It stands more of a chance here getting a useful answer to your situation.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Knowing what the site looks like might be helpful...in the end, I would venture a guess that 'importing' is not likely to be the most efficient route, and that copy-pasting text (the content) into the editor for Joomla would probably be the easiest. If you had to do this for 10 websites, it might be worth the effort to find a way to automate the process, but for a single website that (I am guessing) is mostly text, setting yourself up with 2 monitors and knowledge of the keyboard shortcuts for copy-paste will probably be the quickest/easiest in the long run. good luck!

Registered

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tpoynton View Post
    Knowing what the site looks like might be helpful...in the end, I would venture a guess that 'importing' is not likely to be the most efficient route, and that copy-pasting text (the content) into the editor for Joomla would probably be the easiest. If you had to do this for 10 websites, it might be worth the effort to find a way to automate the process, but for a single website that (I am guessing) is mostly text, setting yourself up with 2 monitors and knowledge of the keyboard shortcuts for copy-paste will probably be the quickest/easiest in the long run. good luck!
    Since I built it in the mid 90's and added to it for years, it's It's a pretty convoluted mess. I'm downloading everything now so I can hack out lots of dead wood so to speak.
    It has old Java that no longer works, broken links etc.
    http://www.barrykooda.com

Registered
    Thank you. The proper forum was actually the real question. I try not to hijack if possible.

No problem bud. Good luck with this project.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'