Thread: GooglePage Rank strange statement

Question GooglePage Rank strange statement

I just put my site www.seawitchartist.com into google pagerank and got a result of 3, nothing new there, but scrolling down a bit it said seawitchartist.info and seawitchartist.org are registered.....strange, I put these into google and got ablank, then into whois.com and got told they are available. Is GooglePage Rank up the creek or does it know something others don't?
    Never trust statistics unless you fiddled the figures yourself!

www.seawitchartist.com

I don't know, but seawitch. info and seawitch. org are both registered, so maybe they're parsing the name and searching on that.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Rick
    It doesn't matter. Google hasn't updated the public PageRank database for... I dunno, but it feels like almost 2 years now, and there's reason to believe they won't ever update it again. The upshot is that you aren't going to find any truly accurate PageRank information out there anywhere - neither using the Google Toolbar nor any website that offers to check it - because they all rely on that same database.

That doesn't mean you should ignore PageRank from now on. You still need to be aware of its value and how it flows through your website. You can get a sense of your site's overall strength using other link-measuring tools like moz.com's Open Site Explorer. Mostly, I'd say just rely on monitoring your site in Webmaster Tools, Analytics, and whatever statistics system you prefer. Your traffic is always the bottom line.
    Rick Trethewey

Thanks for these replies guys, I was a bit concerned at first because some months ago I got an email from China saying that seawitchartist.org/info/biz/inc/wotnot domains were about to be purchased and they were holding them back for me to have first crack of the whip....I bet I didn't believe them, but even so...
    Never trust statistics unless you fiddled the figures yourself!

www.seawitchartist.com

And you can bet those dubious 'domain/wotnot' operators overcharge. Google PageRank was depreciated in October 2009. Merely one of 200 tools Google Analytics offers it was superseded by Google Panda. Google may continue development of PageRank in-house however it will most likely never return for public use.

Quote Originally Posted by Google
    "We've been telling people for a long time that they shouldn't focus on PageRank so much. Many site owners seem to think it's the most important metric for them to track, which is simply not true."
    Croc Hunter MSC :