Thread: installing a MYBB forum ....

installing a MYBB forum ....

Before maybe sorting some other hosting solution I was going to have a test running a small forum to do with where I work.

We use facebook groups at the minute but wanted to see if I could set up somehting using MYBB.

Could somebody give me a small install head start on how to install it and get it up and running ?
    Anything that needs to be created in OPS panel ?

Have never used forum software so would really appreciate the heads up.

Thanks in advance.
    website... its coming

I don't have MyBB, or ever installed or run it, so I can't really say anything about it. I have a small forum running on my account. It is FluxBB - fast, light, user-friendly PHP forum software. I also have installed and run ZB Block, Protect Your PHP Driven Site from Spam and Hacks, which really isn't necessary anymore for my forum since I have registration disabled. Let me know if I (or anybody else that's familiar with Flux) can help you if you need some assistance. FluxBB does use database tables in MySQL. There are flat-file (text file) forum softwares available.

I have also deleted your other post that was in the OPS forum, since it was a duplicate, and it didn't really apply to OPS.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'