Thread: updating issue

updating issue

Help!
    I am updating all of my website to be responsive. This comes with a lot of editing to get everything working and also compliant.

Well as I develop the layouts I am constantly modifying and tweeking the CSS. But if I change the css I am having to rename the css to a new name because of cache! Unless I rename the css to a never before used name I am shown the page with the outdated cached version of my style sheet.

How can I work around this. I have tried clearing the browser cache both firefox and IE. but that didn't help.

So I must or powweb must be serving the old outdated versions??? I believe I have setup somewhere in the distant path things server side to have powweb possible only deliver stuff every once in a while. But if so I don't remember where.

So any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. How can I flush this cache issue?

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    There's a .htaccess mod in this thread that may help:
    http://forums.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=84065

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Rick
    I think a better solution - at least in the short term - is to use the "Web Cache Control Tool" in the "Additional Tools" section of the Control Panel, which is where the issue originates. You can turn off caching for CSS files while you're working and then turn it back on when you're done. Doing it through the Control Panel is easier and it eliminates the chances of introducing conflicts in your .htaccess file.

Later, if you want to take complete control over caching, you can turn off all caching in the Control Panel and use whatever settings you like in your .htaccess file.
    Rick Trethewey

Registered
    Try to include the following meta tag in the <HEAD> area in the HTML headers:

<HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Note: This tag is not case sensitive.

Example:

<html>
    <head>
    <HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
    <title>Page title</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    </body>
    </html>

Danke!