Thread: Frontpage Question

Registered

Frontpage Question

First time poster here, tried searching but wasn't even sure of the right terminology to use.....

I want to create a site where the top "tables" and the side "tables" never change, the only thing that changes is the center "table". This way I only need to change the content of those permanent tables on one page and not on every page I create.

I hope that makes sense......

I use CSS to define the 'tables' in my site. I use PHP to include parts of my site that change, and do some other stuff as well. I don't think I could instruct a 'Frontpager' how to do these things. I don't mean to imply that I'm smarter than you or anything, and I certainly hope you don't take it that way. I could give you a few links if you wanted to 'expand your knowledge' a bit..

Tizag Tutorials
    HTML, CSS, and JavaScript Tutorials, References, and Articles | HTML Dog
    HTML, CSS, and JavaScript Tutorials at DuckDuckGo

Google (or better yet, IMO, DuckDuckGo) search engines can help you out a lot too..

Best of luck to ya, whichever road you travel on!
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Frontpage is discontinued by Microsoft and support for it is now very limited. Snowmakers links are a good place to start to learn alternative methods.

There are plenty of free page design options NVU is just one I would suggest you look at.

It would be a huge mistake to invest time and energy in learning a program like FrontPage now, IMHO.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

I can't remember the actual term anymore that Frontpage called the includes (maybe it WAS include), but the methodology was that you would create the navigation you wanted in it's own page and then you would insert that page into all of your pages. However, with Frontpage being discontinued and functionality not being supported, I don't know if it even works any more. Definitely do not spend your time learning it.

Depending on what you are doing, you might want to look into a CMS (content Management system) like Wordpress or Joomla as opposed to actually designing pages.

Registered
    Hi, I'm new here, I wish I got what you mean.
    If you are referring to the shared borders, yes, you can add that from Format> shared borders.
    That will save you time in designing new pages with the same borders.