Thread: Joomla vs. Frontpage

Registered

Question Joomla vs. Frontpage

I might use Joomla for my site. Does anyone use that, that used to use Frontpage a lot?

One of the things I like best about Frontpage is that it will automatically change links for you. For instance, if you move or rename a page, all of the pages in your site that link to that one will change their link to the new name or place. I have a huge site, so that's kind of important. Otherwise it would be difficult.

Another feature we rely on a lot is that we can do a find/replace in multiple pages in a folder without having to open each page.

Thirdly, the HTML editor itself is very easy to use, being WYSIWYG.

Fourthly, I can edit the site live; I don't have to publish it from my computer. Multiple users can work on the site that way.

Would Joomla be able to do any of those things? Or any CMS?
    And yes I know I can still use Frontpage to edit the pages in Joomla just for an HTML editor if I want.

Also, for years people told me Dreamweaver was a much better program than Frontpage (I just didn't want to learn a new program or pay for it). Can it do any of these things? Is it still updated and supported? Can I use a CMS with it?

Thanks for your help!

Having used them all I prefer Wordpress over any of the above. It is free, flexible, user friendly, and widely supported.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Registered
    Does it do the things I asked about?
    Will it work for a really large site (hundreds of thousands of pages)?

Yes it can do all you mentioned. If you don't know PHP there are thousands of easy to add plugins. Much like Drupal or phpFusion. Wordpress is just more efficient and widely supported. Powweb however is not setup to run popular websites with thousands of pages.
    Croc Hunter MSC :