Thread: Move powweb hosted domain to an ADDITIONAL POWWEB ACCOUNT

Move powweb hosted domain to an ADDITIONAL POWWEB ACCOUNT

Ok here is my situation. I have had an account at powweb for many years. Lets call it 'account1' which is hosted on powweb. account-1 is hosting 'domain-name-1'!

After running my website here for years I bought another domain name ('domain-name-2')and have been hosting it on account-1. 'domain-name-2' was hosted in a subdirectory of 'account-1'!

I now want to split these websites up each with their own account.

So, I bought a second hosting package with Powweb 'account-2'. I uploaded all the files for domain-name-2 from my home computer to account-2 via ftp which obviously has a different username and password than I have been using for years.

How do I get the domain-name-2 to start using this new separate account?

While logged into account-2 I go to domain central and click the "add existing" tab to add a domain name to this account. I get the message "The domain name you specified is already in use. Please select a different domain name."

How do I get the domain-name-2 to be associated with the new powweb account and not the old/first powweb account?

I assume I login to account-1 and do something there. But I don't want to get this wrong and have my website start showing up as not found. Trying to avoid any downtime if possible.

Got it done! Here is how. Go to domain central on the first account and check the selection box next to the domain that is being moved. Look lower and click the text link for modify selected domains.

Type in the username for the new account and click the "move domains" link.

worked perfectly!