Thread: Changing Website Heirachy in osCommerce

Registered

Changing Website Heirachy in osCommerce

Hi,

I've heard that website heirachy is important for SEO and for getting crawled by Google.

At the moment all of my website's pages are like this:
    www.websitename.com/pageXYZ

I would like to change this so that the website is structured i.e. if pageXYZ is accessible through categoryA then it should look like this:
    www.websitename.com/categoryA/pageXYZ

Does anyone know how to do this? Any help/tips would be much appreciated. I've heard it might be possible using the two configure.php files, however I don't know if this is correct and I also have next to zero PHP programming experience.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rory

I was going to suggest that you also seek help on the osCommerce Support Forum, but I see you had posted this question there as well.

At first, I thought I could help you, then I payed more attention to your post (specifically the title), and realized that I would not be able to.. Good Luck!
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Rick
    I switched to Zen Cart several years ago for the websites I create, but I would expect that, like Zen Cart, there is at least one SEO addon for osCommerce that would provide search engine friendly URLs. I'm sure you'll find something on their website.

But for most small business e-commerce websites, it's best to pay the most attention to the more fundamental details. Make your home page rich with relevant text that clearly describes what your site has to offer. Be sure that your category and product descriptions are robust and original. If you rely on manufacturer's descriptions, be sure to enhance them with your own content. And spend some time every month getting links from other high-quality websites. It's one of the most important things you can do to improve your site's performance in the search engines.
    Rick Trethewey