Thread: Configure PHPBB Email Notifications

Registered

Question Configure PHPBB Email Notifications

Hi all,

I've configured every setting I could find to notify me and my board mates by email if there is a new post. We are a lightly used forum, so it should not swamp any email limits or spam filters.

I first tried it without an SMTP server and when that didn't work, I used my POWWEB account email. I tried several of those, but no emails are received and there are no errors in the logs I've checked (which log should I check?)

Could someone walk me through the basics of setting up email notifications on PHPBB (I'm on 3.1.6 but could upgrade to 3.1.9 if necessary) for my boards?

many thanks!

The admin (you I guess) should be able to set the default in the ACP somewhere, and/or poster's can maybe set this option themselves, either in their control panel and/or on the submit screen. Someone here that actually uses PHPBB (not me, I'm just guessing..) can probably help you, or try the PHPBB forum or FAQ or Knowledge Base.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    The admin (you I guess) should be able to set the default in the ACP somewhere, and/or poster's can maybe set this option themselves, either in their control panel and/or on the submit screen. Someone here that actually uses PHPBB (not me, I'm just guessing..) can probably help you, or try the PHPBB forum or FAQ or Knowledge Base.
    Yeah, I should have been a bit more specific.

I have configured all of the ACP options and the individual options (on my account) and tried both built-in and SMTP. No emails are being received and no errors are being generated.

Help?