Thread: Sent email disappeared

Sent email disappeared

Greetings - in one of my email accounts (the only one I use regularly), all of the sent items disappeared, except those from October 26 or later. In another account, i have not sent mail in a few years but those sent items still remain. Anyone else see this?

While I usually use an IMAP client, I logged into the web interface to see if I might be able to find the messages there, but it is identical.

Anyone else seeing this before I file a ticket?

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    OK, a bit late to the game, but I haven't seen this. And the guy using the only other mailbox on my account hasn't complained ... yet . Both of us usually access via IMAP on our phones.
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Thanks Kevin! I still havent done anything about it, and the messages have not magically reappeared...they are lost in cyberspace

Thinkin' out loud again Builder's Avatar
    Well, that sucks. Hope nothing really important was there. I know iPhones let you choose where you want to save sent mail, trash, etc. You can save it on the server or the phone or (maybe?) both. Don't know about your client and its settings and whether or not one got changed somehow or another. Maybe something to check into. Yeah I know, it's a wild shot in the dark.

Other than contacting support and finding out if they have some sort of backup (kinda doubt it) I can't provide any more suggestions.

Good luck,
    Kevin
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
    but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
    "Damn... that was fun!"

Thanks again Kevin - nothing really important...using Outlook 2010 with IMAP. hasnt even troubled me enough to poke around and see where else they may have gone, or file a ticket. I will let it go at this point...maybe powweb knew that