Thread: Why don't the mods approve my messages in a timely fashion?

Registered

Why don't the mods approve my messages in a timely fashion?

I get that a new poster would have to undergo some sort of moderation process to approve their first couple posts, but the shortest approval time I've had is 4 days. Another post vanished altogether, and my latest one is somewhere in the neighborhood of a week right now. If the powweb support chat is going to be useless, then at least let us have a functional forum.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
    I get that a new poster would have to undergo some sort of moderation process to approve their first couple posts, but the shortest approval time I've had is 4 days. Another post vanished altogether, and my latest one is somewhere in the neighborhood of a week right now. If the powweb support chat is going to be useless, then at least let us have a functional forum.
    It's not the first couple, it's the first five. Ten if a link is in the post. Along with me, there are two other moderators for these forums. While I monitor here at least several times a day, checking for new posts and SEO freak 'Profile spammers', there has been an occasion or two that I haven't been able to perform my 'mod duties'. 4 days? That's outrageous. Either you're exaggerating that number, or I was out of town and unable to get online for anything. The post that 'vanished' was either deleted because it was a duplicate post, or it was just moved into the correct forum it should have been posted in. Posts that are obviously spam are deleted as well, but I don't think this was the case in that point. I will now browse thru the forums here and see if there are any unapproved posts that should be approved.
    Last edited by snowmaker; 12-6-16 at 08:36 AM.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Snowmaker is correct there are 3 of us mods here - I've been away on vacation for a month and not visited often - Snowmaker has been doing most, if not all, of the work lately.
    This is a Powweb customer
    helping Powweb customer forum.

I am a customer just like you!!

Some matters can only be answered by staff or support.
    Give it a go - ask here first!

Registered
    Thanks, guys. The other posts never showed up, but whatever. At least I know there are real, live humans around.

Registered
    Do you guys have any juice with the powweb dev team? I've been getting nowhere with support on this spam issue.

I sometimes have little juice at all, let alone any with the support team..

Registered
    Ok, here's an example. I made a post in this thread ?yesterday? (some time after BusterW's post #8), and when I posted it, I got a message saying that it was awaiting moderation.

It's now been at least 24 hours. It hasn't been approved yet, and when I visit the thread, there's no indication that I ever posted it.

-Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvatar View Post
    Ok, here's an example. I made a post in this thread ?yesterday? (some time after BusterW's post #8), and when I posted it, I got a message saying that it was awaiting moderation.

It's now been at least 24 hours. It hasn't been approved yet, and when I visit the thread, there's no indication that I ever posted it.

-Dan.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    It's not the first couple, it's the first five. Ten if a link is in the post.
    Your post is in that thread, and if you had made the links into not-links, the post would have appeared right away.

You had made 8 posts, and that post will make it 9.

I'm not exactly sure why I wasn't notified or made aware of a post that needed moderation.