Thread: Still seeing files through FTP PRO even after files have been removed from server

Registered

Still seeing files through FTP PRO even after files have been removed from server

Hello,

I have a Unix script that goes to a remote server, downloads the intended files, and removes them from the remote server.

However when I log into WS_FTP Pro , the downloaded files that are no longer on the server are still showing.

I have double checked by going into the server via command line and verified the files are not there, but they are still showing up when using WS_FTP Pro to view that directory. Anyone ever experience this? Thank you.

I'm not familiar with WS_FTP Pro, but it sounds like some sort of cached view list or something. That seems odd to me though, as a new connection, even to a previously connected to server, should list a new, updated view. Try another FTP client, like Filezilla.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

I had the same problem even with Filezilla. OPS File Manager also showed the deleted file. Adding to the annoyance the deleted file continued being flagged by SiteLock as corrupt spamming me with false positive closure emails for months.

Support was no help. You can not delete a file that does not exist. Eventually the problem went away. I suspect it was an outdated server cache issue on either PowWeb or SiteLock's end.
    Croc Hunter MSC :

Rick
    I suspect Croc's on the right track. As I recall, Powweb uses a sort of triple-redundancy server set-up where sites are mirrored on (I believe) three servers so they can do dynamic load balancing. I would expect that such issues would clear up within an hour or less.
    Rick Trethewey