Thread: Scheduled jobs stopped

Scheduled jobs stopped

ive contacted support - But just curious. gas anyone else noticed their PHP scheduled jobs have stopped with no explantion.

no log files, No error messages, No mothing.

Also the SCHEDULED JOBS LOG on ( https://www.powweb.com/controlpanel/...ref=cpdropdown ) only shows CGi/perl activity

it does not show PHP activity. the scheduler DOES show the jobs are being run, but im getting ZERO logs of any description & the tasks are not being run..

Normally my PHP scheduled task is hidden (you cannot access it via a URL).

i created a test php script to INCLUDE_ONCE my hidden php file & ran it from the URL - everything is working - No errors with the script itself. (i'll remove my test file)

Ive added a followup in the PHP section. http://forum.powweb.com/showthread.p...cript&p=500700

Regarding BASH scripts (php)

I had written a while ago a PHP script that I once in a while put in the 'task scheduler' to test both. The script itself runs fine and I have entered it again into the 'task scheduler' and it runs fine from there too. I really have nothing to help you with and I apologize for this 'it works for me' type of post.. Good luck.
    -bruce /* somdcomputerguy */
    'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    I had written a while ago a PHP script that I once in a while put in the 'task scheduler' to test both. The script itself runs fine and I have entered it again into the 'task scheduler' and it runs fine from there too. I really have nothing to help you with and I apologize for this 'it works for me' type of post.. Good luck.
    Can you advise the format of how you added it into the scheduler ? (removing / replacing your user ID of course)..

EDIT:

Ive got several variants.

1) in the Command line:

/home/users/web/ACCOUNT/htdocs/cron/2017a2/cron.php > /home/users/web/ACCOUNT/htdocs/cron/2017a2/crona.log > /home/users/web/ACCOUNT/htdocs/cron/2017a2/cronb.log

I also *had* /usr/local/bin/php5-cli on the front of it before - when it was going. but during my tests I took it out. now i get errors when adding it back in.

In & out of the htdocs subfolfders... - my original one not in htdocs...

2) another version - in the URL part /test.php

ive also had #1 in a folder outside of my htdocs (ive had it there for years)
    But during testing - now - ive made a copy in a subdirectory of my htdocs..- but idont like having my scheduled tasks visible to the public - if they find it.

overall, ive got 3-4 variants. MOST give the 'bash' error.. or nothing at all..

I chose 'URL to Access:', then entered /filename.php into the next text field, then chose the timeframes from the 'Run this job:' drop downs.

That file that I used is in the htdocs directory. I assume anything specified in the 'URL to Access:' section must be in the htdocs directory, but I'll move it above that directory and try to run it from the 'Command to Run:' (with the full pathname specified of course) section and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by snowmaker View Post
    I chose 'URL to Access:', then entered /filename.php into the next text field, then chose the timeframes from the 'Run this job:' drop downs.
    Ive got that too - nothing. i guess i'll need to wait for support to get back to me.

my error is :- sh: 1: /home/users/web/PATH-USER/htdocs/cron.php: Permission denied

i did notice that the instructions given to me in the support ticket contradict the knowledge base instructions. ive asked them to double-check & make sure the KB is made more clear. (however i did use the KB & had my cron-job going for years - something that i didnt do/touch - stopped it.. )

Off to bed - hopefully in weekend it will be fixed...

EDIT: when i run the script via URL - it works fine. if i wait for the scheduled task - i get the SH / bash error

Perhaps a PHP script cannot be run from the 'Command to Run:' section, either at all or when it is above the htdocs directory. I have had no luck running the same script that is in the htdocs directory with the 'URL to Access:' option selected. The 'Last Run' column get updated when it should, no error is is in the error log, but the script doesn't do what it should. I'm at a loss here except to only use the 'URL to Access:' option when I need to. Good luck again with your support request.

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPan View Post
    Ive got that too - nothing. i guess i'll need to wait for support to get back to me.

my error is :- sh: 1: /home/users/web/PATH-USER/htdocs/cron.php: Permission denied

EDIT: when i run the script via URL - it works fine. if i wait for the scheduled task - i get the SH / bash error
    2 shots in the dark....

First, go into the File Manager or use an FTP tool to insure that script file's permissions are set to 0x755. It's a longshot, but its not unheard of for files to have their permissions changed during system changes/outages. Since you're getting a "Permission denied" error, it seems a reasonable idea to check.

Second, replace the file path in the Cron Manager to the actual URL for the script (ie. 'http://yoursite.com/cron.php'). I dunno if this is even a legal instruction, but it does obviate any chance that the script isn't being run through the PHP interpreter.
    Rick Trethewey

The PHP script that I can run either manually or by the Task Scheduler has permissions set to 600. 755 will work just fine too, but setting it that high isn't really necessary..

Ive used 600, 755 & 0x755 (what does the 0x do ?) - no effect, the error reported is the same.

Ive changed the php script back to regular 755. i'll wait for support to fix it - Hopefully soon.........

Anyone else with this prob ?