PowWeb Forums - The Perfect Community for the Perfect Host  

Register now to interact with over 11,000 members! Registered users have Posting Privileges, free access to Private Messaging, Email Notifications and more.

Go Back   PowWeb Community Forums > The PowWeb Platform > General Issues / Questions
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4-20-12, 12:21 AM   #1
Wet_hooters

Hosting space violation ?

Hello, I really dont understand this ,I have been a customer here since 2000 or 2001 I dont remember, anyways I have always done upgrades to my site every year but this year I got a few emails saying about using to much bandwidth and disk space.All I did was uploading some programs for testing, to see if I like it or not, then deleting them, plus ! upload loaded a few of our films for downloading to members. Anyways then I got this in my email today regarding my website. It said this -

quoted text removed - Forum Guidelines: Chat, e-mail & support quotations.

Am not using my server for storing and not breaking any violations. Then am wondering why am getting this anyways because it saids in the advertisement here that you get UNLIMITED Disk Space and Data Transfer / Bandwidth. Sorry, am complaining but am afraid to upload anything or I get another email again. Deb

Last edited by snowmaker; 4-20-12 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: quoted text removed
Wet_hooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-20-12, 02:45 PM   #2
entrecon
Custom User Title

Deb,

If there are things that are uploaded and not linked to from the site you usually get the warning messages. This is so that people are not using their hosting space as a data back-up of their computer. It is also so that people don't just host files here that are then accessed from a website hosted somewhere else.

If the films you have uploaded are not linked to from your site, there is a good chance that is the violation.
Old 4-20-12, 03:21 PM   #3
Wet_hooters

Oh ok, thanks entrecon for the reply. That make sence ! Well am not using my server for storage but I did make a members area for a memeber who couldnt download all of the films frorm the store AND ITS NOT LINK TO THE WEBSITE , so I bet thats it. I did call support to find out whats going on with the website but I got a woman who didnt speak english that well but she did ask someone there about web space and I found out you do get unlimted website space but limited on files store of 25 gigabytes hosting space. So what am gathering from everything that if it not link to your website its consider a store file. So what I need to do is make sure that everything is link to the website..
Wet_hooters is offline   Reply With Quote